Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Property Partner is a property investment platform that makes it possible for anyone to invest in property at the click of a button. Investors can buy stakes of their choosing in individual properties, residential blocks or purpose-built student accommodation, diversifying effortlessly across multiple properties. Property Partner finds the tenants and professionally manages the properties. Investors receive rental income in proportion to the shares they own and, through our unique secondary market, can exit their investment at the market price at a time of their choosing.
Launched in January 2015, Property Partner has attracted thousands of investors and has property assets under management of £85m. Our ultimate goal is to create a global stock exchange for property.
Property Partner is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and financially backed by some of Europe’s leading investors. In March 2016, we successfully completed a ‘Series B’ funding round, taking the total amount invested in the company to £22.5m. Our backers include Index Ventures (backers of Funding Circle), Octopus Ventures (backers of Zoopla), Dawn Capital (backers of iZettle) and Seedcamp (backers of Transferwise).
We want to work with people who share our values and vision for building the best property stock exchange in the world.
Discover (learning, fast)
We don’t have all the answers, but learning at only regular speed will cost us dearly. So we learn fast with a relentlessly help-seeking mindset. Fears and ego must be set aside, concentrate on finding the person that can accelerate our learning. This mindset is the opposite of assuming you have all the answers.
True (refreshingly honest, obsessively detailed)
When you surprise with the whole picture, you build trust for having the integrity and self-assurance to say things as they are. We are champions of transparency. But we cannot know what is true and be trusted to deliver the full picture, if we don’t obsess over the details in all that we do.
Difference (daring to be different)
We don’t know what will work until we try, so we mustn’t be afraid of trying something different. Whilst we actively seek and celebrate different opinions, we understand that without data we have nothing more than an opinion.
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager, reporting to the Head of Finance. The candidate will provide high quality commercial finance and management accounting support for business units, primarily our Property and Marketing teams. This is a high-profile role that requires someone who is ambitious, highly organised, has strong excel skills and is able to enhance processes.
- Business partner to our property and marketing teams, providing insight, technical support and commercial analysis
- Monthly reporting on our portfolio of 90+ properties, currently valued at £85m
- Budgeting and forecasting of individual property performance
- Commercial analysis for the purchase of new properties
- Management of external advisers for the annual accounts and corporation tax filings process for each property
- Calculation of monthly dividends and promotional payments to investors
- Liaison with banking partners and management of the mortgage portfolio
- Monthly reporting and analysis of marketing spend and ROI
- Commercial analysis of prospective marketing campaigns
- Analysis of financial promotions, providing insight into effectiveness
- Strong excel skills with the ability to manipulate large data sets
- Ability to present analysis to a high standard, particularly in regular meetings with the CFO and Director of Property
- Experience of reviewing and improving processes
- Business partnering and commercial finance experience
- Financial services and/or property finance experience (desirable)
- 5 years + PQE
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Educated to degree level
Untracked Holiday - we don't track your holiday as we expect you to be able to manage this yourself, with your team.
Private Healthcare - for you, option to add your family or partner. We have a superb healthcare package that encourages healthy living and rewards you for staying fit and active. As part of this 50% discount for Virgin Active Gyms, as well as 1/2 priced running shoes and money off bikes. You can also gain free cinema tickets and a range of other benefits by staying in shape.
Cycle to work Scheme - you pick the bike and we'll help you take advantage of this government scheme.
Training and Conference Budget - you get £500 in Year 1, £1000 in Year 2, £1500 in Year 3 and £2000 in your 4th year. This is to enable you to pick what you feel will help you to develop as an individual.
Books- if you need to get a book on a subject that is related to work, we'll get it, you can read it and then we will add it to our library.
Paid Gym- once you have been with us for 2 years, we will pay for your gym membership
Working late....have dinner - if you are working late then we're fine for you to grab some food on us
Early Finish on Friday - call it a day and have a drink or get away at 4.30pm on Fridays
Childcare Vouchers- we're happy to help you use this government scheme
Sabbaticals- in your 5th year of working for Property Partner, you will be eligible to take a 3-month unpaid sabbatical, so you can head off and explore the world!