Head of Compliance
Property Partner is a property investment platform that makes it possible for anyone to invest in property at the click of a button. Investors can buy stakes of their choosing in individual properties, residential blocks or purpose-built student accommodation, diversifying effortlessly across multiple properties. Property Partner finds the tenants and professionally manages the properties. Investors receive rental income in proportion to the shares they own and, through our unique secondary market, can exit their investment at the market price at a time of their choosing.
Launched in January 2015, Property Partner has attracted thousands of investors and has property assets under management of £85m. Our ultimate goal is to create a global stock exchange for property.
Property Partner is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and financially backed by some of Europe’s leading investors. In March 2016, we successfully completed a ‘Series B’ funding round, taking the total amount invested in the company to £22.5m. Our backers include Index Ventures (backers of Funding Circle), Octopus Ventures (backers of Zoopla), Dawn Capital (backers of iZettle) and Seedcamp (backers of Transferwise).
We want to work with people who share our values and vision for building the best property stock exchange in the world.
Discover (learning, fast)
We don’t have all the answers, but learning at only regular speed will cost us dearly. So we learn fast with a relentlessly help-seeking mindset. Fears and ego must be set aside, concentrate on finding the person that can accelerate our learning. This mindset is the opposite of assuming you have all the answers.
True (refreshingly honest, obsessively detailed)
When you surprise with the whole picture, you build trust for having the integrity and self-assurance to say things as they are. We are champions of transparency. But we cannot know what is true and be trusted to deliver the full picture, if we don’t obsess over the details in all that we do.
Difference (daring to be different)
We don’t know what will work until we try, so we mustn’t be afraid of trying something different. Whilst we actively seek and celebrate different opinions, we understand that without data we have nothing more than an opinion.
We are looking for a Head of Compliance to join our growing business to ensure that we have effective systems, procedures and controls in place for compliance with requirements under the EU and UK regulatory regime.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be pivotal to the development and implementation of our approach to risk and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the formulation and delivery of regulatory compliance strategy, process and policies across all areas of the business’s legal, regulatory and compliance obligations including, but not limited to, financial crime, KYC and AML.
- Act as an FCA Approved Person for the business performing, initially, the roles of MLRO (CF11) and CASS (CF10a).
- Advise on the interpretation and application of the regulatory framework to the business.
- Regularly review the business’s compliance policies and processes to identify any vulnerabilities and risk, and develop and implement any remedial plans.
- Carry out effective monitoring across the business of compliance and anti-financial crime arrangements and performance, providing robust and insightful challenge to the business and informative reporting to management.
- Ensure that breach and serious incident protocols are in place, so that appropriate compliance reporting is undertaken on these to management and, where appropriate, to regulators.
- Draft, review and revise compliance policies and procedures to ensure that they are fit for purpose and up to date, supporting and challenging the company in remaining compliant with all current laws, rules and regulations.
- Act as a champion for good compliance and risk management across the business.
- Plan, prepare and conduct continuing compliance training for staff.
- Manage and ensure the delivery of effective and timely regulatory reporting to the FCA and other relevant regulators.
- Report to management on key risks, issues and actions taken, articulating effectively any problems identified and the actions needed.
- Maintain effective relationships with regulatory bodies and act as the main point of contact with the FCA.
- Keep the business informed regarding upcoming regulatory changes and work with the business to plan for the implementation of any changes.
- Educated to degree level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a compliance role in the financial services sector.
- A broad and solid understanding of the regulatory compliance processes associated with the financial services industry, FCA regulation and applicable EU legislation (MiFID, MiFID II, CASS, AIFMID, financial crime / AML, etc.).
- A sound understanding of how to ensure practical and effective compliance implementation.
- Solid experience of compliance monitoring, implementing compliance policies and leading staff training programmes.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and adept at building relationships at all levels.
Untracked Holiday - we don't track your holiday as we expect you to be able to manage this yourself, with your team.
Private Healthcare - for you, option to add your family or partner. We have a superb healthcare package that encourages healthy living and rewards you for staying fit and active. As part of this 50% discount for Virgin Active Gyms, as well as 1/2 priced running shoes and money off bikes. You can also gain free cinema tickets and a range of other benefits by staying in shape.
Cycle to work Scheme - you pick the bike and we'll help you take advantage of this government scheme.
Training and Conference Budget - you get £500 in Year 1, £1000 in Year 2, £1500 in Year 3 and £2000 in your 4th year. This is to enable you to pick what you feel will help you to develop as an individual.
Books- if you need to get a book on a subject that is related to work, we'll get it, you can read it and then we will add it to our library.
Paid Gym- once you have been with us for 2 years, we will pay for your gym membership
Working late....have dinner - if you are working late then we're fine for you to grab some food on us
Early Finish on Friday - call it a day and have a drink or get away at 4.30pm on Fridays
Childcare Vouchers- we're happy to help you use this government scheme
Sabbaticals- in your 5th year of working for Property Partner, you will be eligible to take a 3-month unpaid sabbatical, so you can head off and explore the world!