Property Partner is a property investment platform that makes it possible for anyone to invest in property at the click of a button. Investors can buy stakes of their choosing in individual properties, residential blocks or purpose-built student accommodation, diversifying effortlessly across multiple properties. Property Partner finds the tenants and professionally manages the properties. Investors receive rental income in proportion to the shares they own and, through our unique secondary market, can exit their investment at the market price at a time of their choosing.
Launched in January 2015, Property Partner has attracted thousands of investors and has property assets under management of £85m. Our ultimate goal is to create a global stock exchange for property.
Property Partner is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and financially backed by some of Europe’s leading investors. In March 2016, we successfully completed a ‘Series B’ funding round, taking the total amount invested in the company to £22.5m. Our backers include Index Ventures (backers of Funding Circle), Octopus Ventures (backers of Zoopla), Dawn Capital (backers of iZettle) and Seedcamp (backers of Transferwise).
We want to work with people who share our values and vision for building the best property stock exchange in the world.
Discover (learning, fast)
We don’t have all the answers, but learning at only regular speed will cost us dearly. So we learn fast with a relentlessly help-seeking mindset. Fears and ego must be set aside, concentrate on finding the person that can accelerate our learning. This mindset is the opposite of assuming you have all the answers.
True (refreshingly honest, obsessively detailed)
When you surprise with the whole picture, you build trust for having the integrity and self-assurance to say things as they are. We are champions of transparency. But we cannot know what is true and be trusted to deliver the full picture, if we don’t obsess over the details in all that we do.
Difference (daring to be different)
We don’t know what will work until we try, so we mustn’t be afraid of trying something different. Whilst we actively seek and celebrate different opinions, we understand that without data we have nothing more than an opinion.
Who are we looking for?
- A Head of Development who will thrive leading a small team of AngularJS and Scala engineers in a startup environment
- Someone that doesn’t mind pitching in and spending a percentage of their time coding, pair programming, doing hard yards at the coalface
- Coming from a Scala or Angular background with proven team leadership skills you can set the team goals, inspire and drive the team towards them
- You enjoy discussing architecture and module design and have a broader exposure to the various elements of a contemporary server side application
- Someone who the team will respect for their Scala or Angular skills
- It’s fine if you’re not experienced in both Scala and Angular, as long as you’d relish the opportunity to widen your knowledge
- You’ll be developing the people within the team through coaching, pair programming and mentoring, just like we’ll be doing with you
- Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that motivates and creates enthusiasm by example
The kind of thing you’ll be doing..
- You’ll be responsible for delivery of all change to the product.
- You’ll be responsible for the technical direction of the platform, being able to step back and seeing the big picture, setting future direction for tooling, upgrade paths, deployment and processes (in conjunction with DevOps and our part time Architect)
- Working closely with our Product & Design team you will positively influence product development, roadmap priorities and product optimisations.
- You’ll spend some of your time coding, analysing, reviewing until we grow a bit more
- You’ll work with the team to refine delivery processes to ensure scalable and high quality software
- You’ll maintain the technical roadmap, making sure that we continue to invest in the technology, not only in the product
- You’ll be comfortable working in a company with a collaborative, inclusive feel where everyone pitches in as necessary. Good ideas can come from anyone
- Fine tuning the interactions between QA and Dev to ensure we have an efficient process with high quality output (both QA and Dev will report to you)
- You’re happy working with the team to discuss the new requirements for improving the Property Partner product and thrash out a solution around the whiteboard
What skills are required?
- Leadership – the ability to drive, inspire, motivate, bring the team on the journey
- The ability to think strategically – see the bigger picture, set out the future technical environment
- An agile mindset. Experience adapting agile processes based on the company and the team
- Respected for your Angular or Scala skills
- A good knowledge of databases and SQL
- Git and GitHub
Some useful extras:
- A general background in server-side development
- Experience working in an AWS environment
- Be able to commute to our offices near Bank
- Thrive in an environment where a logical, well-stated position wins – particularly if it includes a splash of creative problem solving!
Fortnightly hackathon days - Spend time on personal development or trying out new things each fortnight
Untracked Holiday - we don't track your holiday as we expect you to be able to manage this yourself, with your team.
Private Healthcare - for you, option to add your family or partner. We have a superb healthcare package that encourages healthy living and rewards you for staying fit and active. As part of this 50% discount for Virgin Active Gyms, as well as 1/2 priced running shoes and money off bikes. You can also gain free cinema tickets and a range of other benefits by staying in shape.
Cycle to work Scheme - you pick the bike and we'll help you take advantage of this government scheme.
Training and Conference Budget - you get £500 in Year 1, £1000 in Year 2, £1500 in Year 3 and £2000 in your 4th year. This is to enable you to pick what you feel will help you to develop as an individual.
Books- if you need to get a book on a subject that is related to work, we'll get it, you can read it and then we will add it to our library.
Paid Gym- once you have been with us for 2 years, we will pay for your gym membership
Working late....have dinner - if you are working late then we're fine for you to grab some food on us
Early Finish on Friday - call it a day and have a drink or get away at 4.30pm on Fridays
Childcare Vouchers- we're happy to help you use this government scheme
Sabbaticals- in your 5th year of working for Property Partner, you will be eligible to take a 3-month unpaid sabbatical, so you can head off and explore the world!